Thursday, July 5, 2018

Dawn Patrol Bicycle Rides

The early mornings just before sunrise are my favorite times to get out and experience the freshness of a new day especially in the spring and early summer. I like to get out when it is still dark just before the sun starts it's peak above the horizon. The purity of the air, the stillness of a new day, the lack of traffic and the quietness that is present allows you to take in all the sights, sounds and smells that Mother Nature graces us with everyday. It soothes the soul. I like to call these bike rides "The Dawn Patrol" .  

I leave so early usually I am the only one out this time of morning.  Nit even the joggers or others training for triathlons are out.  Just me, my bike, patroling the streets, parks, bike paths in and around Louisville, KY, USA.  

Below is a video of one of my exploits of "The Dawn Patrol" around Louisville, KY which include scenes from Bowman Field, CSX railway, Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium, the Highlands, the Louisville Waterfront Park, The Big Four Bridge, The Louisville Wharf, KFC Yum Center, 21C Museum Hotel, the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, and The Belverdere overlooking the Louisville waterfront.









No comments:

Post a Comment