Thursday, March 16, 2017

I am still around .....



I have not ridden into Bicycle Heaven just yet.  I have been gone too long from the Goggle+ Community.  After my second cancer surgery last May I decided it was time to make some changes in my life.  I had planned to retire this year but decided there were so many things I wanted to do  while my health was still good. So I retired last August and started to put my retirement plans into motion.

As a diabetic I have come to understand I will have to manage my cancer issues like my diabetes, one day at a time.  No big deal for me.  In the words of Jim Valvano, “Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.” 

Some of the immediate things occupying my time nowadays are spending more time with family, more involvement in ham radio, posting more to Google+, blogging, learning a new video editing software, and a foreign language,  Of course there's cycling; especially bike touring.  I am anxiously awaiting the start of a summer multi month bike tour from Kentucky to Owen Sound, Canada and back.

In the meantime, expect more posts and blogs to Google+ and thanks to those who have inquired and offered their support.




No comments:

Post a Comment